Barrister delivers annoying speech. Rival barrister rolls his eyes, turns to his junior and conspiratorially makes the international hand gesture for 'wanker'. Other lawyers spot gesture and, outraged, complain to the judge. The sort of implausible scene that you might get in BBC drama Silk, but never in real life, right?
- Another criminal barristers chambers axes its pupillage
- Legal apprenticeships: ‘I fully intend to progress to partner’
- The 8 best law firm names in England
- ‘I’ve often gone hungry and can’t afford a wig, gown or practitioner textbooks,’ admits pupil barrister
- Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 was shot down by Chinese missile, claims practising barrister
Editor: Alex Aldridge
Assistant editor: Thomas Connelly