16 reasons why Doughty Street’s Tunde Okewale is the most followed barrister on Instagram
Amal Clooney’s chambers colleague is rocking the Insta-verse
39 Essex Chambers’ Justine Thornton quietly joined Instagram the other day, and immediately hauled in an impressive 587 followers with 13 pictorial posts supporting her hubby’s campaign to lead the country.
It was good going by Mrs Ed Miliband but she has a long way to go before she matches Doughty Street junior barrister Tunde Okewale, who has amassed a whopping 5,242 Instagram followers.
With members of the bar typically preferring Twitter and solicitors going for LinkedIn, Okewale — who, incidentally, shares a chambers with fellow shrinking violet Amal Clooney — has made the legal Insta-verse his own. Here is how he did it.
1. He keeps his followers up to date even when he’s in court
2. Sometimes he makes these court snaps into memes
3. He combines commuting pics with life tips
7 Rules to a better Life : 1. Never Hate 2. Live Simply. 3. Expect a Little. 4. Give a lot. 5. Always Smile. 6. Live w/ Love. 7. Be With God #WhatWouldatundeSay #WhatWouldTundeWear #MFRmagazine #mensfashionblogger #blackmenwithstyle #GQ #LFW #fashionweek #ifyourereadingthisitstoolate #fashionformordenmen #menswithstyle #ozwaldboateng #mensfashionreview #menswear #mensfashion #blazer #pocketsquare
4. He has a personalised Archbold
5. He uses the incredible story of how he bagged a pupillage with a 2:2 from Westminster Uni after a tough start in life to inspire wannabe lawyers
The Urban Lawyers Team would like to take this opportunity to invite you to an event taking place at BPP Law School in Holborn on Thursday 31st October 2013 6pm- 8pm. This is being hosted by the founder of Urban Lawyers, Tunde Okewale, and will revolve around his journey into becoming a Barrister after gaining a 2:2 in his degree. This will be beneficial to all law students who are looking to enter the field of law.
6. His access to law project, Urban Lawyers, helps students get Inns of Court scholarships
7. Through Urban Lawyers Okewale also helps students to get training contracts
8. He’s not afraid to wear a beige polo neck under a blue checked suit
9. He’s not afraid to wear a pink polo neck under a pink suit
10. Such fashions decisions have paid off and he has been voted one of GQ’s “35 coolest men”
For those of you who didn't pick up the December issue of @britishgq the article is now on line I was no 33 on the cool list , the most influential men under 38.5 ( globally) S/O @kendricklamar @jack @mb459i @champagnepapi @petecashmore @ryan_gosling @pirloficial @charliecaselyhayford @christopherkanestudio who also made the list Link in my bio #GQ #WhatWouldTundeDo #fashionformodernmen #MFRmagazine
11. He has a nice line in self-deprecatory humour
12. He is in great shape
idea credit:@lethalbizzle video credit: @verenastefanie.fitness Music: @lethalbizzle #Fester #teamnodaysoff #WhatWouldTundeDo #winning #noteverydaysuit #inspiration #gym #pullups #inspiration #Mood #motivation #dench #fitness #gymjunkies #barstarz strength #weights #strong #iliftheavy #progress #bodybuilding #festerskank #denchgang #dench #lethalbizzle
13. Sometimes he combines his love of sharp suits and fitness
14. He gets invited to events where Barack Obama is speaking
15. He’s good at getting you going in the morning
16. He’s not afraid to reject the bar convention of faux-modesty and actually celebrate winning cases
For more Instagram amusement, check out Legal Cheek‘s humour-packed pics here.