It’s a nice problem to have
In the latest instalment in our Career Conundrums series, we’ve pulled out this question from our Freshfields retention rate thread by ‘SM and FF Offer Holder’.
“HELP – Currently deciding between Slaughters and Freshies
Pros for FF:
– Strong in Dispute Resolution, esp Arbitration
– Still band 1 in Corporate (same as SM)
– 3 months seats
– Better international opportunities
Cons for FF:
– Moving office to Liverpool Street halfway through my TC
– Low retention rate
– Current low morale amongst trainees
– Are the hours worse at FF or SM?
– Which firm is better placed to survive Brexit (FF is very strong in Europe, esp Brussels and Germany)?
Interested to hear what everybody has to say!”
If you have a career conundrum, email us with it to firstname.lastname@example.org.