Wednesday 10 November, 5pm to 7pm, taking place virtually
Legal Cheek is back for a new autumn 2021 series of Secrets to Success virtual events in partnership with The University of Law and a host of leading law firms.
The first event in the series takes place virtually on Wednesday 10 November from 5pm to 7pm. It features a panel of speakers from Clyde & Co, Fried Frank, Kingsley Napley, Russell Cooke and Willkie Farr & Gallagher, as well as a careers expert from ULaw.
Time: 5pm to 7pm
Location: Virtual event
Level: Students, Graduates
• Dakota Glasgow-Simmonds, junior associate at Clyde & Co
• Simon Saitowitz, partner in the corporate and private equity team at Fried Frank
• Shannett Thompson, partner in the regulatory team (health and social care, education) at Kingsley Napley
• Jemma Pollock, senior associate in the family team at Russell-Cooke
• Gemma Baker, graduate recruitment manager at Willkie Farr & Gallagher
• Caroline Carter, ULaw Moorgate campus dean and former head of employment and senior equity partner at Ashurst
The speakers will share the secrets to their own success, while also advising students on how they can best position themselves to obtain training contracts with leading firms. They will look, too, to the future and give their views on what changes we can expect in the legal market.
After the Question Time-style discussion, which will be chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist, there will be virtual networking with the speakers and a collection of the firms’ trainees and members of their graduate recruitment teams.