Event: Careers in law: reflections from Travers Smith
Tuesday 11 January, 4pm to 6pm, taking place virtually
Join us for our first virtual student event of 2022, in partnership with Travers Smith, on the afternoon of Tuesday 11 January.
We’ll be hearing from five of the firm’s lawyers, across a variety of practice areas, about their career journeys and what they have learned along the way. They will be joined by Travers’ senior learning and development manager to provide a complementary perspective about what happens during the firm’s training contract.
Time: 4pm to 6pm
Location: Virtual event
Level: Students, Graduates
The speakers will focus on three key areas: technical legal skills, commercial judgement and business development skills. They will also look at the interplay between them, drawing upon real life examples from their practice areas to illustrate their points about how lawyers develop.
• Katie McMenamin, finance partner and deputy training principal
• Sivanti Devakumar, senior associate in tax
• David Bufton, knowledge lawyer in dispute resolution
• Rachel Wevill, senior learning and development manager
• Haroon Zaman, trainee who has sat in derivatives & structured products, dispute resolution and commercial IP & technology
After short talks and a panel discussion there will be virtual networking with the speakers, as well as members of Travers Smith’s graduate recruitment team and the firm’s Trainees.
Apply to attend. You’ll be asked to submit two questions for the panel.