Tuesday 17 November, from 4pm to 6pm, taking place virtually
Legal Cheek is partnering with Simmons & Simmons for a virtual student event about the future of law.
The first part of the event will be led by Peter Lee, a partner at the firm and founder of legal tech start-up Wavelength (which was acquired by Simmons & Simmons in 2016), and Sophie Sheldon, a supervising associate in Simmons & Simmons’ Information, Communications & Technology (ICT) group.
Time: 4pm to 6pm
Location: Virtual event
Level: Students, Graduates
Their joint talk will cover three key areas:
1. What 2020 taught us about the changing landscape of the delivery of legal services, and how it has accelerated change.
2. Lessons from lockdown: How the training of future lawyers will change in a world where people spend less time in the office.
3. What’s next? Practice areas to watch and advice to undergraduates
Peter and Sophie will then be joined on stage by a Legal Cheek journalist for a discussion where they will answer students’ questions.
- Peter Lee, partner and founder of Simmons Wavelength
- Sophie Sheldon, supervising associate in the information, communication & technology group
The second part of the event will be devoted to virtual networking. Attendees should be interested in pursuing a career in Bristol as you will have the option to video chat with Simmons & Simmons’ graduate recruitment team, trainees and associates from the firm’s Bristol office.
Apply to attend. You’ll be asked to submit a CV and two questions for the speakers.