Tuesday 9 June at 4pm Hong Kong time, taking place virtually
Legal Cheek’s ‘Staying Set for Success’ virtual event series — a partnership with The University of Law (ULaw) — is heading to Hong Kong for an afternoon of commercial awareness and careers advice.
On Tuesday 9 June lawyers from the Hong Kong offices of Clifford Chance, Herbert Smith Freehills, Linklaters and Mayer Brown, as well as ULaw pro vice-chancellor Peter Crisp, will join a Legal Cheek journalist for a panel discussion running from 4pm to 5pm Hong Kong time. This will be followed by a virtual mini-law fair, with the speakers and members of their firms’ graduate recruitment teams, until 6:30pm.
- Mark Chan, partner, capital markets, Clifford Chance
- William Ku, partner, debt capital markets, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Marcus Pollard, counsel, competition, Linklaters
- David Ellis, partner, corporate & securities, real estate funds and real estate markets, Mayer Brown
- Peter Crisp, pro vice-chancellor, The University of Law
- Aishah Hussain, features editor, Legal Cheek
Time: 4pm to 6:30pm (HKT)
Location: Virtual event
Level: Students and graduates
The theme is working as a global business lawyer in Hong Kong. Our speakers will share insights into their lives at international firms in one of the most exciting cities in the world. They’ll explain how their routine has been affected by the coronavirus and give their views on what comes next after the pandemic has passed. And they’ll tell the story of their career journeys, while giving students advice on how they can follow in their footsteps.
Apply to attend below. You’ll be asked to submit a CV and two questions for the panel.
Please note that this event is aimed at students and graduates looking to qualify as lawyers in Hong Kong.