Monday 6 November, 3pm to 5:30pm, taking place virtually
Join us on the afternoon of Monday 6 November for a virtual student event in partnership with The University of Law (ULaw) exploring the big commercial awareness themes that aspiring lawyers need to focus on as they apply for vacation schemes and training contracts.
The event kicks off with a panel discussion chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist featuring lawyers from DWF, Goodwin Procter, Gowling WLG, Lewis Silkin, Irwin Mitchell and Squire Patton Boggs, and a careers expert from ULaw.
Time: 3pm to 5:30pm
Location: Virtual event
Level: Students, Graduates
The speakers will consider key topics including artificial intelligence (AI) and the technological revolution, inflation and rising running costs and the Green Economy – and explain how their effect shapes clients’ priorities and the day-to-day lives of lawyers. They will also discuss their career journeys and give advice to students hoping to follow a similar path.
- Padma Tadi-Booth, partner in the employment team at Irwin Mitchell
- Paul Maddock, senior associate in the commercial litigation team at DWF
- Sushil Kuner, principal associate in the financial services regulatory team at Gowling WLG
- Ravi Chopra, partner in the private investment funds team at Goodwin Procter
- Holly Wray, associate in the employment team at Lewis Silkin
- Bryn Doyle, partner in the labour & employment team at Squire Patton Boggs
- John Watkins, director of employability at ULaw
After the panel discussion there will be virtual networking with some of the speakers, graduate recruitment team members and trainees from their firms, and ULaw campus ambassadors.
This event is now fully booked.