Event: Secrets to Success Birmingham — with Eversheds Sutherland, Gateley, Gowling WLG, Shoosmiths, HCR and ULaw
Tuesday 26 July, 4pm to 6:30pm, taking place IN-PERSON at ULaw Birmingham
Legal Cheek is coming to Birmingham for the latest in its new series of in-person Secrets to Success events – in association with The University of Law (ULaw) – to help students boost their commercial awareness.
The event takes place on Tuesday 26 July at ULaw Birmingham, and features lawyers and graduate recruitment teams from Eversheds Sutherland, Gateley, Gowling WLG, Shoosmiths and Harrison Clark Rickerbys (HCR), alongside a careers expert from ULaw.
Time: 4pm to 6:30pm
Location: The University of Law Birmingham
Level: Students, Graduates
The speakers will share their secrets to success, telling the stories of their career journeys, while advising students on how they can best position themselves to obtain training contracts with leading firms. Up for discussion will also be the key commercial awareness topics students need to have on their radar.
• Laura Murphy, legal director in the real estate team at Eversheds Sutherland
• Tom Allen, associate in the pensions team at Gateley
• Simon Harris, senior associate in the commercial, IT & outsourcing team at Gowling WLG
• Hayley Saunders, partner in the regulation, business crime & compliance team at Shoosmiths
• Dee Kundi, law consultant at HCR
• Sarah Ramsey, campus dean at ULaw’s Birmingham campus and former family lawyer
After the Question Time-style discussion, which will be chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist, there will be networking over drinks and canapés with the speakers, trainees and members of their graduate recruitment teams.
Apply to attend.