Event: Secrets to Success Liverpool — with Hill Dickinson, Weightmans, Brabners, Exchange Chambers and ULaw
Thursday 1 June, 4pm to 6:30pm, taking place IN-PERSON at ULaw Liverpool
Legal Cheek is coming to Liverpool for the latest in its 2023 series of IN-PERSON Secrets to Success events – in association with The University of Law (ULaw) – to help students boost their commercial awareness ahead of vacation schemes, training contract interviews and mini-pupillages.
The event takes place on Thursday 1 June at ULaw’s Liverpool Campus, and features lawyers from Hill Dickinson, Weightmans, Brabners and Exchange Chambers, alongside a careers expert from ULaw.
Time: 4pm to 6:30pm
Location: The University of Law, Liverpool
Level: Students, Graduates
The speakers will share their secrets to success, telling the stories of their career journeys, while advising students on how they can best position themselves to obtain training contracts and pupillages with leading law firms and chambers. Also up for discussion will be the key commercial awareness topics students need to have on their radar.
• Kate Steele, partner in the commercial litigation team at Hill Dickinson
• Graham Dean, equity partner and training principal at Weightmans
• Joanne Radcliff, partner and head of the family team at Brabners
• Eve Salter, second six pupil at Exchange Chambers
• Nicola Walker, campus manager at ULaw Liverpool and Chester, and former solicitor at Hill Dickinson, Gordons and Weightmans
After the Question Time-style discussion, which will be chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist, there will be networking over drinks and snacks with the speakers, current trainees and pupils from the firms and chambers, as well as members of their graduate and pupillage recruitment teams.
Apply to attend. You’ll be asked to submit two questions for the speakers.