Big up James Lee
With freshers’ week well underway, one King’s College London student shares eight things you’ll only understand if you study law at the prestigious London university.
1. Somerset House is not where it’s at
As much as the university advertises Somerset House as the home of the law school, you’ll be lucky to have even one tutorial there in first year. It’s much more likely you’ll find yourself at the Waterloo campus fighting it out with the business and computer science students for room.
2. Dave from reception is the one
The Dickson Poon School of Law would crumble without him.
3. The Strand is not easy to navigate
When you finally do have classes on the Strand, you will need to dedicate an extra half an hour each day to trying to find your way around the King’s Building, the Strand Building and the Somerset House East Wing.
4. Curly fries at Waterfront are the cure for all your tutorial woes
They are the best.
5. Sneaking into the East Wing from the side gate that connects it to Somerset House is always an undeniable thrill
Reliving your wild youth.
6. Willie’s with its Fat Boys is quite possibly the best thing within the law building
And it’s a good place to get free coffee for when you need that caffeine hit before lectures.
7. You secretly love the Maughan Library
Okay so it is the star of all your exam nightmares, but you secretly love the fact that you have the prettiest library of all the London unis. And it’s so Instagram-able.
8. James Lee is an absolute legend
Aakanksha Sinha is a law student at King’s College London.
Want to tell readers what it’s like studying law at your university? Get in touch.