Wednesday 11 December at ULaw Leeds; open to all students and graduates
Legal Cheek is coming to Leeds for the latest in its series of Secrets to Success events — in association with The University of Law (ULaw) — to help students boost their commercial awareness as they apply for vacation schemes and training contracts.
Time: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
Location: ULaw Leeds
Level: Students, Graduates
On the agenda will be key topical issues including the turning economic cycle, Brexit, US-China trade tension, technological disruption and the green economy. How will developments in these areas affect law firms, and what associated changes can we expect in the legal market?
• David Chan, partner, Squire Patton Boggs
• Ben Williams, barrister, Kings Chambers
• Fiona Graham, managing associate, Womble Bond Dickinson
• Matt Tomlinson, dean, ULaw Leeds, and previously a solicitor at Addleshaw Goddard and DLA Piper
• Jennifer Brooke, tutor, ULaw Leeds, and previously a solicitor at Watson Burton and Addleshaw Goddard
The speakers will also share the secrets to their success, telling the stories of their own career journeys, while advising students on how they can best position themselves to obtain training contracts with leading firms.
After the Question Time-style discussion, which will be chaired by a Legal Cheek journalist, there will be drinks and networking with the speakers, a collection of the firms’ trainees and members of their graduate recruitment teams.
Apply to attend. You’ll be asked to submit a CV and two questions for the panel.