Boat parties are a thing
What’s it like to study law at one of the United Kingdom’s largest law schools? Gursharn Bassi, a student at BPP’s Waterloo campus in London, reveals all.
1. Free books are a lifesaver
Law books are ridiculously expensive, and you can’t help feeling bad when you see your friends snapchatting about how much they have had to spend. But, you can sit back and relax as BPP provides textbooks, which are delivered straight to your front door!
2. Snitching is okay
Someone is making noise in the library? You know what number to call.
3. Further reading — optional? NO!
When preparing for your tutorials, you may be required to do some extra reading. Make sure you cover this as it could be what your examination will be based upon. True story!
4. Forget Costa v ENEL, Costa coffee is the one for you
You never quite understand the importance of coffee until you start your degree. Luckily, Costa is just two minutes away from the Waterloo campus!
5. The irony of seeing law students smoking in the no smoking area gets you everytime
Need I say more?
6. Make use of the free networking events when you can
BPP hosts brilliant law fairs/events.
7. You’re always being compared to King’s College…
Two words: Waterloo campus.
8. Boat parties become strangely important when you start at BPP
Forget clubbing, the uni hosts great boat parties with terrific themes!
9. Your ID card photo makes you vom
They’re worse than passport photos.
10. Sainsbury’s meal deals will never let you down
Tasty yet cost effective.
11. VLE ❤️
The ? to success
Gursharn Bassi is a law student at BPP Law School.
Want to tell readers what it’s like studying law at your university? Get in touch.
For all the latest commercial awareness info, and advance notification of Legal Cheek's careers events:Sign up to the Legal Cheek Hub